Bridal veils are the must use accessories in the past wedding days, but it make the perfect look of the bride. For the modern brides bridal veils are not must. But many women are still choosing the bridal veils, because it makes them feel like real brides. Choosing bridal veils will always depend up on the dress or wedding gown that you have chosen. Bridal veils which suits your wedding dress has to be purchased. Bridal veils are iconic wedding accessories but choosing them will be little difficult because you have to choose in many options of bridal veils available that which one suits your wedding dress perfectly.
Tips to choose a perfect bridal veil:
- Find the right length of bridal veil which suit your wedding dress. Find out the perfect veils by considering the length of the veil first. Because your choice of veil should not breakup the flow of your look.
- Shorter veils like bandeaus, birdcages, and blushes tend to add retro edge, more personality and informal look to you
- Longer veils like, ballet, chapel and cathedral styles make you tend to look more traditional and formal way. If you can’t find your favourite choice of veil, you can always go for customization.
- There are many companies who can create veils at your specification from colour, length and other crystal embellishments.
Other important options to get your perfect veil:
- You should always aim to the colour of your veil which matches your wedding gown. Photos may not capture the actual colour of you veils, so you can try the switching the fabric. You can do it for vintage style veils.
- And other important thing is to maintain the right balancing while choosing the veils. That is, if your wedding dress is heavily embellished then you should choose the clean and simple veil with minimal crystals or embellishments and vice versa
- Pick the perfect fabric, tulle will not suit with all the wedding gowns it’s a classic choice for the veil. But there are many other fabric choices are available for the veils like silk, satin and lace etc.
- Tulle is the most budget friendly option and have lighter and airier look compared to other synthetic materials like satin and silks
Choice of hairstyles which suits along with the veils:
Before you decide for veils you should consider the hairstyle that should be worn on your wedding day because the wedding hairstyle that you choose may affect the selection of your final veil. Halo veils, bridal caps and mantilla will suit when hair is worn down or low up do while blushes and birdcages will suit for any hairstyle of your choice. If you are wearing your hair up, you can pin the veil above or below your bun. Pinning the veil above your bun gives more classic look and gives more volume look. If you pin it below the bun, it gives you modern look and focus on your stylish up do. Bridal hair will be perfect along with the veil and bridal hair jewellery.
- It is not only just hairstyle will affect the choice of veil but hair jewellery too. A voluminous fountain veils will go best with dramatic tiara
- Classic styles like cathedral, chapel, like elbow or fingertip length veils will go best with royal topper or crystal head band