Wedding is a special event for any family and many guests are invited to the mega event. At the same time, the host family wishes to make the guest’s visit memorable and gift them with wedding favours or bomboniere. This serves as a token of gratitude on behalf of the host to their guests saying thank you and to remember the occasion. The bomboniere needn’t be necessary to be given, but it is nice to give one. The wedding favours of the past were decorative objects or things which had less practicality. These days more functional objects are sought after to be gifted.
Modern choices for wedding bomboniere
These days, hosts are always looking out for unique wedding favours. Some unique bomboniere ideas are always connected to the wedding theme. Interesting ideas are –
- Mini pots succulents with pot colour in line with the wedding décor
- Scented candles in a pot or box which are handmade with a luxury touch
- Vintage style keys customized with guest name or a cute message
- Seed paper hearts which are plantable and in different colour
- Sparklers with a customized message
- Personalized chocolates with a customized message or date of wedding
- Tea bags or loose tea in test tubes with a personalized message of couple names and date of marriage
- Designer label scarf for the lady, formal tie for the gent
DIY Ideas for wedding bomboniere
What can be so special than preparing the wedding bomboniere yourself and handing over it personally? Nothing can be so sweet and so special for the guest to receive such a DIY bonbonniere. So unique and memorable wedding favour ideas are –
- Use small photo frames and attach a note thanking the guest, along with date of marriage
- Use little bags with a ribbon tied and a small thank you note, with little and small cupid shaped chocolates inside the bags
- Tall candles with the couple names embossed on the body of the candle. Add glitter on the names to highlight them
- Gold boxes with glitter around it and chocolates inside the box. Add some gold ribbon or bow around the box to feel it special
- USB drive or a CD with pictures of the guests and hosts, a customized personal video thanking them and some pictures of them during the wedding
- Heart shaped jars with bath crystals or chocolates or jelly beans
- Large chocolate bars in heart shape and the guest names on the chocolate
- Photo frames with picture of the guests and hosts. The guests would love to keep it as a memory for a long time
Preparing customized bomboniere can be time consuming and should be planned well in advance. But, it would be a strong memory for the guests.
Right time to given the wedding favours
Most of the times, the bomboniere is given when the guests leave the marriage venue. It is customary that the hosts hand over the favours showing a personal gratitude towards their guests. Sometimes, the wedding favours are also given when the hosts invite the guests for the marriage. Though this is not prevalent, it depends on the host’s choice.