Giving a wedding gift to the new married couple is an integral part of any wedding occasion. The Hindu wedding in particular has a lot of pre marriage and post marriage activities where gifting is a common practices.
The wedding gift which you want to gift varies from size to size and wedding occasion to occasion. Say if you’re planning to give a gift on the marriage day the gift to be chosen will be different you can plan to give a wedding gown or wedding dress for reception. And say you want to gift the couple a gift during the reception then the gift to be given will be totally different. But whatever might be the wedding, make sure that the gift is pretty and gives a feel of the tradition. The wedding gift can be anything it can be a crockery items, useful things for the kitchen, mobile phones, wall clocks, paintings, vases, wine glasses, tea sets, and bowls and so on.
The following are few wedding gifts which we feel that can make a change in the wedding list of gifts and might help the couple in their future life.
- Jewellery can be the precious gift to offer – The best wedding gift which you can give is the jewellery. A ring made of gold or silver can be affordable to you and you can gift that as a part of the wedding gift. Besides wedding ring you can also look at bangles, chains, necklaces and pendants. Also if you feel that gold and silver are too costly then you can choose the jewels made of gold coating which is stud with stones, jade & pearls etc.
- Mobile phones or electronic items are the new catchy things for wedding gifts – showing love and care through wedding gifts have been more attracted towards electronic items today. You can choose to gift a phone, tablet or Laptop as the wedding gift. Besides phone related items you can also choose to give items like music system, television, mixer, and grinder and so on.
- Outside honeymoon tour – you can also wish to give the couples a treat of their life time through wedding gifts through booking their honeymoon tour.
- Wedding gifts of house decoration items – you can also choose to give gifts on decoration items such as handicrafts, dolls, vases, photo frames and painting.
- Silver made wedding ornaments or items – you can also get some silver made material which is cheap but value for money products as the wedding gift. Things like silver plate, spoons, bottles, cutlery, coin, jewels are common in Hindu marriage.
Besides the above options you can also tend to give some money in a Hindu wedding if you feel that choosing a gift is difficult for you. The money as token of love is highly accepted in wedding rituals in Hindu tradition. By giving money you’re making sure that the couple will choose and buy what they require rather than you buying something.