Shopping and preparing for your wedding is very difficult rather responsible task, but if you follow appropriate steps, we assure you that you can enjoy doing shopping and planning for your wedding. There are few areas which need to be planned in advance and there are items which need to be planned shortly, understanding what is required itself would ultimately reduce your burden.
Before you start yourself for a wedding shopping or wedding planning – please follow the steps given below and make yourself prepared.
- Select the wedding dress as per the day style - Imagine the wedding day, think of what theme your family is planning for and then you can easily select the dress of choice.
- Keep the dates and climate of your wedding occasion in mind and select dress accordingly. The important thing to notice here is if your wedding is happening in the summer don’t select heavy dress and if your wedding is happening in cooler climatic conditions with freezing snow then don’t opt for more open dress.
- Consider all your wishes when selecting dress, your fashion love and study yourself, check your height, weight, measure your waist and then go for shopping.
- Do some quick study on wedding gowns in some free wedding magazines or bridal magazines. Wedding magazines can give you some clear picture on recent trends.
Plan with enough lead time
- Always remember that time is very crucial when you plan for wedding arrangements because you need to purchase and custom wedding items such as Bridal Shoes, Bridesmaid Shoes, Groom Shoes, wedding gowns, groom mother dresses, designer bridesmaid dresses, designer bridal dresses and so on.
- It can consume nearly six to eight months for your wedding gowns to be stitched if it is a custom made one.
- Allocate sufficient time from the time of purchase of wedding gowns to your wedding time since there can be any alterations.
- Buying a year before well in advance for wedding is also not recommended since styles and fashion may vary and change.
- Review all options available in the market – check online shops, street shops, bridal boutiques second-hand shops, bridal rent shops and charity boutiques before buying.
- Always check the designer wedding gowns wear it one or two times. It is always recommended to check the wedding gowns by using it one or two time to get yourself to use to it. Trying it and practicing it will help you to have a better comfort on the occasion.
Things to notice before getting into shop
- Check the terms and condition of the shop you wish to purchase.
- Book in advance with the bridal shops on when you want to visit them to avoid confusion and rush.
- It is best to check with the wedding shops whether they charge any service fee for trying and using dress.
- Check with the shop on the best collection days and then visit them. Also it is advised to leave children in house if you’re planning for wedding shopping.