All of us know that weddings can be a costly affair especially in India, where people like to celebrate the event with great pomp and show. You cannot think of saving much money at this time as you want the day to be perfect. But you can surely save the money in the events that follow up the marriage. One such event is your wedding reception. You can save in some money by organising the reception at your place instead of booking a space for the same. You can save some money on the wedding reception food as well. Yes! Read the tips below to see how you can save your money on food:
- Try Making Your Own Appetizers or Starters: In case you are having your reception in the morning then you can think of making your own starters. These can include dishes or food made out of eggs, fruit salads or cinnamon rolls which of course you can get from bakery.
- Save Money on Drinks and Beverages: In order to have a lavish wedding people tend to have alcoholic party. In case you are also planning for one then do not go for open bar instead limit the number of drinks. Also, if possible avoid alcoholic parties and go for non-alcoholic ones in which you can serve mochas and fruit smoothies. These are very much cheaper as well as better than alcohol.
- Go For Family Style Catering: In case you do not know what that means, family style serving or catering is a method of having food in which an entire table orders food as a single group and the food is passed around just as that at home. This will definitely save in some bucks as one single big piece of chicken will be much less costly than ten different plates.
- Try to Avoid Out of Season Foods: Try and avoid foods or dishes that are not made in a particular season. For example ‘GajarKaHalwa’ is a dish made typically in winters. Placing an order of the same in summer is sure to cost you more.
- Save Money on Wedding Cakes: Although having a lavish seven tiered wedding cake will look great, but try to avoid it in case you are running on a tight budget. Instead order a two tiered cake. Also, in most wedding guest do not eat the cake anyway.
- Save Money on Desserts: Instead of serving 4 to 5 desserts limit the quantity to one or to the max two. Also, instead of going for a dessert that will cost you thousands go for mini desserts such as brownies, Sweets etc.
- Try to Organise Your Reception during Day: This is only in case you are running on a tight budget. As compared to a full-fledged dinner, lunch and breakfast are going to cost you much less.
Remember three things while planning any event. First, that great food isn’t necessarily expensive. Creativity is the mantra for having a great and an affordable party. Lastly, Presentation is equally important as what you are serving.