So you have managed to pick out the best invitation cards for your wedding. The same have been printed and delivered to you and you are absolutely happy with the results. But at this point of time, it is important to remember that the biggest task with respect to these wedding invitations still remains, and that is to send them out through the mail to the respective wedding guests. Before, you put these wedding cards in the postage; you must keep the followings tips or pointers in mind, in order to ensure that there is no problem in the delivery of your invitations.
Assemble The Cards
Before the cards are sent to the postage house, they need to be assembled first. The bride and the groom need to assemble stuff and address each card properly, so that no problem arises at the post office. Some of the steps that you would have to take for assembling these cards are as follows:
- The main invite should be placed right at the bottom and then all the other miscellaneous cards should be placed on top of it in the order of their decreasing size.
- The RSVP card should be placed inside the reply envelope.
- All the cards should be placed inside the envelope with the wordings facing the outwards, so that as the guest opens the card, he or she is able to read the words.
- The inner envelope should then be placed in the outer envelope which is then sealed and the name of the wedding guests and address is written of this outer envelope.
Stamp The RSVP Envelopes
The reply envelopes that are used for the RSVP cards should be properly stamped before they are sent to the guests. This is done for two reasons:
- First, it is rude you make your guests pay for the stamp.
- Second, you do not want your guests to put in the reply envelope in the mail without attaching a proper stamp to it.
Get Your Invitations Hand Processed
The machines that are installed at the post offices are capable of processing envelopes of certain size and weight only. In case, your wedding invite is heavy or bigger in its dimensions, then the machine would not be able to process it and therefore, you might end up wasting a lot of time there. Hence, it is always better to get your wedding invitations, hand processed, although you might be asked to pay a little extra for this service.
Don’t Forget The Stamps
You made sure that the reply envelopes you are sending to your guests have a proper stamp on them, so that they reach you safely, but what if you yourself forget to put the stamp on the envelope which contains the wedding invitation. Therefore, make sure that you properly get each and every wedding invitation stamped.
Send The Mail
Now your wedding invitations are complete and ready to go through the mail. It takes time for these invites to reach their destination and therefore, you should always send out the invites at least 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding date.