A socially and environmentally conscious wedding is a marriage ceremony in which the bride and the groom consider to minimize the negative impact of the event on the Earth. It is achieved by thinking consciously for reducing the waste generated due to the wedding. It is done by choosing environmentally conscious wedding vendors. These environmentally conscious wedding could be as beautiful as a regular wedding, but without the waste.
Need for the Environmentally Conscious Wedding Vendors:
As individuals, we need to do our parts to protect the Earth from global warming and other environmental issues. As the weddings creates much waste from bleached dresses, flowers which are chemically-treated, garbage generated from drinks and food leftovers which all could be reduced if one decides to choose environmental friendly wedding. When one decides environmentally conscious wedding and communicates about them to the concerned vendor, it will sensitize them about environmental benefits. Further, it may turn out to be economical, too.
- One can make eco-conscious decisions including selecting a venue central to the most of your wedding guests, saving on cost of fuel.
- When one approaches vendors for environmentally conscious wedding, one supports the green economy changing the way people think about the planet. One can also highlight how to be eco- friendly to the wedding guests.
- A venue at a hotel consumes too much electricity and needs use of other non-eco-friendly products. This can be avoided by choosing an outdoor wedding venue including garden, meadow, farm, beach or even one’s backyard. If a wedding time for daytime is planned, the advantage of sunlight and warmth can be taken and electricity can be saved.
- When there is no option for indoor wedding, you can still choose daytime to avoid using electricity lights by finding venues like studios and glasshouses.
- Selecting single venue for multiple wedding events including wedding reception will save on fuel and avoid carbon emissions. Looking for the hotels which use energy saving appliances and biodegradable products will also be eco-friendly choice.
- Choosing to go for a environmentally conscious wedding could make a difference as it supports the companies which promotes environmental commitment into the methods by which they conduct business.
Wedding favors for guests could cost you a lot and usually these wedding favors are little trinkets which go in trash. Instead of giving this type of a favor, you can make a little donation for every guest to your important environmental cause could be a good alternative. You could choose small potted plants, soy candles or seedlings, if you still want to extend gifts.
One can opt for green photography which uses non-toxic inks, rechargeable batteries and post-consumer waste paper and recycling. Further, digital photography gives the chemical-free and paperless means which is environmental friendly.
Further, using wedding flowers which are organic are often less costly than ordering exotic species, You also can also consult the florist to create arrangements which use less flowers, or may think about making use faux flowers which won't get thrown away easily.