Himachal Pradesh, being a tourist place proves to serve the best cuisines across the world in order to cater the servicer need of global tourists. The escalating charm of the delicacies of food, dishes and recipe is tasted in traditional cuisines of Himachal Pradesh. The cuisines are lovely to eat non vegetarian food, but equally relish the vegetarian food styles.
The different food items are discussed below:
- Madra: Madra is one of the most famous, standout and delicious renowned dishes in Himachal Pradesh. It belongs originally from the region of Chamba. It is the most contented pride of Himachal Pradesh in the celebration of local buffets, festivals and wedding. The basic ingredients in Madra are soaked chickpeas, kidney beans and chana. In order to embellish the dish spices, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and asafetida are used. It invites food lovers and it is served with coriander along with Roti or bread.
- Khatta: Khatta means sour. Khatta is a lusciously gravy sour dish of Himachal Pradesh which is composed of amchur powder, which is a spice made by dried pummeling mangoes. Its making is followed by searing besan boondis or general chickpeas as well.
- Besan Cheela: Besan is flour of gram, being utilized to make delicious pakoras or fritters, added to curries and so forth. Besan cheela or pooda or pooda is a Himachal Pradesh style pancake. This is the very first choice for breakfast for everybody and is very flexible to suit and impress anybody with its taste.
- Patande: Patande is another feisty dish of Himachal Pradesh. It is also known as flapjack; Patande is made of wheat flour and as cooked and looks like the conventional hotcake. Patande is a fantastic dish to the culinary exotica of Himachal Pradesh. It is made entirely with wheat flour and seasonings of spicy to embellish with taste with the best of expansion stew flakes.
- Anardana Chicken: This is an unusual chicken dish, it looks heavy and fully loaded with spices and oil but the bronze coloration comes from the hours of marinating in grounded anardana i.e. dry pomegranate seeds and chilies and are very different from fresh ones and widely used in Himachal Pradesh cuisine for their tang because they are chewy, stick and sweet.
- Sepu Badi: Sepu badi or Mukund Badi is also one of the delicious dished of Himachal Pradesh. Sepu Badi is an outstanding dish among the most looked after starter. This dish can be arranged from the ground blend of Urad ki dal and chana dal being doused overnight. The ground is bubbled in water and wrapped in leaves or turmeric leaves and cut into pieces. This is Spinach curry with lentil dumplings.
- Kullu Tout: Kullu tout is among one of the most prominent dish of Himachal Pradesh, it is served with a large group of Indian flavours and pan fried and served on a floor of hot rice.
- Luchi Poti: Luchi Poti is one of the cherished non vegetarian sustenance. Luchi Poti is also known as lamb intestine that would spice you up with a delightful taste. The wheat flour or millet is blended with different spices like cloves, cumin, asafetida, coriander powder, turmeric. This mixture is arranged as a glue and afterwards stuffed into the inside the sheep and after that it is steamed and cooked. It is generally presented with mutton soup and coordinating backups.